Pages

Monday 19 August 2019

Wish I was Free

Wish I was free
As freedom was bestowed on me
I took birth in a free country
Am I really free?
Freedom is my birth right
I think I heard it right
Wait a minute, is freedom defined right?
Why do I have to think before I write?
If I can’t write my thoughts freely
If I have to think within the standards of society
What makes you say I am free?
If I have to look around before I speak my mind
If I have to mince my words and my writings
If I have to check for acceptability
I recently visited “Christiania” a free town
It was safer than our society
Then and there I felt free
No one was telling between wrong and right
I could breathe freely
Every wall was filled with expression
Without thinking about wrong or right
Every part was buzzing with energy
I was feeling so light
When I saw the people there,
I wished I was free

No comments:

Post a Comment